Patient Level Information Costing Systems (PLICS)
16/7/2018 - 15/07/2022
Inconsistencies in the costing methods currently adopted across the NHS has led to unreliable cost information nationally. The variation in costing software used is understood to be the root cause of this problem. In response to the Five Year Forward View, improving costing systems is one element of the wider system improvements expected from the NHS.
As a result, the NHS is moving towards mandatory patient level information submissions from 2019 onwards under the Costing Transformation Programme being delivered by NHS Improvement.
This framework will allow Trusts to procure and implement compliant and capable systems for the reporting of patient-level costing information in order to report and analyse the true cost of care provision and develop service-wide improvement plans.
- Provide a compliant route to market to access capable suppliers
- Ensure capability of suppliers to meet minimum software requirements
- Facilitate the costing methods and processes set out in the healthcare costing standards for England
- Ensure capability in relation to quality and performance
- Shorten the procurement timescales for the purchasing of costing systems
- Establish framework baseline costs, therefore facilitating commercial value
- Ensure minimum quality, standardisation and consistency of systems used across the NHS that is capable of meeting costing standards set by NHS Improvement.
System provided: Synergy 4
System provided: LOGEX Healthcare Analytics