Laundry Solutions for the Healthcare Sector
01/05/2019 - 30/04/2023
NHS organisations have a need for a variety of Laundry and Linen Services with a requirement to meet NHS guidance Health Technical Memorandum (HTM) 01-04: guidance on decontaminating linen used in health and social care and industry regulations including the ‘Health and Social Care Act 2008: Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance’.
The supply of linen to the NHS has changed over the last 30 years; with the majority of the work now outsourced; variants include a PFI contract with an FM provider, Total Linen Management; Return to Sender, Linen Hire, In-House and Contractor.
This multi-Lot framework agreement provides a compliant route to market for NHS organisations.
The benefits from the delivery of a framework agreement for use by NOE CPC members and the wider NHS will be as follows;
- Provide a compliant route to market to access capable suppliers in the market;
- Ensure capability of suppliers to meet minimum NHS requirements for decontaminating linen used in health and social care (HTM 01-04) and infection control industry regulations;
- Ensure capability in relation to quality and performance;
- Ability to undertake a further competition under the framework for local requirements
- Reduce the procurement costs incurred across the NHS; in particular technical expertise.
- Opportunity to review the overall Laundry service and drive innovation in the service.
- Ongoing consideration for patient care and well-being.
This framework is divided into three lots
Lot 1a: General Patient Laundry and Linen Services
Lot 1b: General Patient Laundry and Linen Services for Hired Items
Lot 2: CE marked barrier theatre textiles - hired items
Lot 3: The Provision of Laundry Consultancy Services
- Berendsen Healthcare Ltd
- Central Laundry Ltd
- Express Linen Services Ltd
- Laundry Solutions
- Northern Care Alliance NHS Group
- Salisbury Linen Services
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Synergy LMS